So it's been a LONG time since I updated the blog ... a ton has happened as you can imagine. But I think that I am getting caught up somewhat. There won't be any pictures, sad I know but too much has happened since my last blog in late October, early November, so here are the highlights:
NOVEMBER:
Thanksgiving- Zoe rolled over for the first time and was cheered on at the Simon's Thanksgiving dinner... she had a great time hanging out with new family that she hadn't met yet!!
DECEMBER:
1. Had Flynn's Thanksgiving here at our house and Zoe was baptized, Keelee Stoehr and Uncle Patrick Flynn are her Godparents. All of this occurred on the same weekend...what was I thinking??? Uncle Mike & Aunt Stacey brought Zoe the biggest monkey to add to her Zoo of animals!!
2. Zoe got a bad cold, which then lead to 5th's diseas and the poor baby had the most terrible rash all over her body which we are still trying to get rid of ... and the driest skin around!
3. Tried solids for the first time, she wasn't having it but that was at the start of the bad cold!
4. Working on rolling over and getting much better at it :)
5. Nana visited and was eating a cookie and Zoe practically reached into her mouth to get the cookie so we decided it was time to try rice cereal again and SUCCESS!!! She loved it!
6. Christmas,,, oh boy were we busy ... Christmas Eve at Gramma and Grandpa Ensing's then off to Great Grandma Endres's to meet all the Endres cousins, Christmas Morning Grandpa Simon came over and spent the morning with us! Zoe got another huge animal for her Zoo a white Tiger!!! Then we were headed to IL for the Flynn Christmas for a few days. Zoe had a great time sitting on Santa's lap, opening gifts .. well just wanting to tear the paper so that she could try to eat it. She realized that the gift paper tasted better than the tissue paper!!
7. Daddy had vacation over Christmas so we did a lot of hanging out and shopping and snuggling and just doing the family thing which was wonderful!
JANUARY:
1. Mommy went back to school and we started a new daycare situation. Toni now stays with Zoe all 4 days a week and she gets to spend Tuesday afternoons with Great Grandma Endres which is fun too!!
2. Zoe started eating oatmeal, adding to her selection of foods ... then we moved onto sweet peas and squash .. She totally loves the new foods! Tomorrow we will be starting pears! I was eating a nectarine the other day and before I knew it she was leaned over while I was holding her and she was sucking away. I suppose you can't get anymore "Natural" than the real fruit itself!
3. Still rolling around and very very close to crawling. She can get up on her knees and scoots on her forehead, ouch! But she just rolls everywhere when she can't get to something! She is also sitting up with minimal support now, which is cool.
4. Zoe is really squealing and communicating with us. She is such an incredibly happy baby! She loves to talk to you and laugh and giggle.
5. FIRST TOOTH!!! Out of no where we realized that Zoe was getting a tooth! Watch out when you put your finger in her mouth, ouch!!!
6. Swim lessons started a couple of weeks ago. Zoe is such a natural in class, trying to put her face in, grabbing and popping the bubbles that I blow and in general just being a silly giggly little girl in the water, she just loves it! I have Thursday's off from teaching and so we go to parent child classes in the morning then just chill the rest of the day. Sometimes we do some shopping or errands but usually right after lessons she is wiped out and naps :)
Well I suppose that's the easiest way to update the blog ... I am not sure if I will have pictures or just link the snapfish account to the blog .. either way I will make sure that some pictures are up for everyone to view!!
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment